Information Systems Technology
No area of everyday activity and no organisation can be imagined without computers and computer information systems. The aim of the Information Systems Technology Study Programme is to prepare qualified specialists, capable to design, install and administer information communication technology systems in an organization; to maintain, improve and manage computer hardware and software, information systems, computer networks, as well as independently improve qualification. This study programme is best suited for creative information technology enthusiasts.
Students' knowledge and skills are developed together with recognized professionals by developing urban projects.
Studies at Šiauliai State University of Applied Sciences can be combined with work – both in full-time and part-time modes. Individual solutions are sought on a case-by-case basis.
Why at Šiauliai State University of Applied Sciences?
Students can choose one out of three specializations. Students learn to plan, configure, and administer group work tools by selecting Groupwork Systems Specialization. When choosing Design, Installation and Maintenance of Computer Networks students learn to design, administer computer networks, install and configure network operating systems. Students who specialize in Programming for Smart Devices learn how to design and program mobile apps for smart devices running Android or iOS. Five practices are designed to develop and strengthen skills.
Further possible career paths
|Access to professional activity||
Upon acquiring degree of Professional Bachelor in Information Systems Engineering Graduate will be able to work as a project manager, a head of a branch, a designer and programmer of information systems, an administrator of databases, an administrator of computer networks in companies or enterprises which use computer equipment for their work, computer networks, database management systems and application software.
|Access to further study||Graduates can continue studies in universities in second cycle study programmes of Computing group of field.|
Study programme information
|Mode and duration||Full-time – 3 years, Part-time – 4 years|
|Study Programme national code||6531BX021|
|Scope of the study||180 credits (ECTS)|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Field of education||Engineering and engineering trades|
|Group of study fields||Computing|
|Study field||Informatics Engineering|
|Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded||Professional Bachelor of Computing|
|Chairman of the Study Programme Committee||The Head of Informatics Engineering Department lecturer Ingrida Morkevičienė, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. (+370 41) 52 50 98.|
Objectives of a study programme and intended learning outcomes
Objective(s) of a study programme – to prepare qualified specialists who are able to design, install and administer information and communication technology systems in the organization, maintain, improve and manage computer hardware and software, information systems, computer networks, and independently improve their qualification
|To acquire skills and abilities
1. To know and understand the classical laws and methods of basic sciences, their application possibilities in interdisciplinary studies and professional activities.
2. To know concepts of information systems and understand their content.
3. To know and understand the principles of programming and database management.
4. To know and understand computer architecture, network components, structure and the principles of their operation.
|To be able to perform engineering analysis||
5. To analyze information systems of the organisation and to identify the needs for computer services in the organization.
6. To select modern ways of designing, programming, installation and security of computer networks and information systems justifying them.
Knowledge and skills necessary for the implementation of designing works of the engineering study field of the study programme
To be able to carry out applied research
To have practical knowledge and skills to solve engineering problems
7. To collect and describe requirements for the created information system, to prepare the model of the design of the information system.
8. To understand design methods of computer networks and choose the most optimal variant for a particular situation.
9. To perform information search and analysis in order to apply latest technologies for management of processes in the organization.
10. To develop prototypes of information systems and conduct experimental research with them, necessary for grounding design decisions.
11. To carry out installation and maintenance work of computer hardware and software.
12. To administer computer information systems and use information security measures.
13. To install and apply computer information system technologies in the activities of the organization, considering ethical, commercial and security aspects of selected solutions.
14. a) Workgroup system:
To plan, configure and administer groupware tools.
b) Design, Installation and Maintenance of Computer Networks:
To design, carry out maintenance of computer networks and configure network operating systems.
c) Programming for Smart Devices:
To design and programme mobile applications for smart devices.
|To have personal and social abilities||
15. To work in a team, to independently make decisions, improve learning skills, adapt to constant changes in the professional activity area.
16. To know main factors of business environment, project management and take responsibility for the results of engineering activities.
Study subjects (modules) and practical training
Full-time study subjects and practices are presented here. Part-time studies last 4 years, the sequence of subjects may vary.
|YEAR I||YEAR II||YEAR III|
|Semester I||Semester III||Semester V|
|Semester II||Semester IV||Semester VI|
|* Elective Specialization Subject|
International mobility possibilities