Successful business usually is developed abroad as well, which is why companies need specialists who are familiar with the peculiarities of international business. International Business Study Programme is designed to prepare qualified international business specialists, capable to analyze business environment and processes, to create and manage a business, to implement international business projects, to communicate and negotiate in foreign languages by focusing on the changing international business environment, consumer needs and company’s goals, apply the latest scientific knowledge and socially responsible business principles in national and international markets. This programme should be chosen by rational people who like rapid change of events, non-standard situations and intercultural communication.
Successful business people, teachers from higher education institutions in Lithuania and abroad work with students. The programme develops specific competences in business and partly skills in marketing and management study fields.
Studies at Šiauliai State College can be combined with work – both in full-time and part-time modes. Individual solutions are sought on a case-by-case basis.
Why at Šiauliai State College?
Particular attention is paid to the ability to communicate in several foreign languages, to create and manage international businesses, and to organise business internationally. Students choose to deepen their specific financial, marketing or business management competences. All possibilities are provided to study abroad under Erasmus+ exchange programme. International business practice is carried out abroad under this exchange programme or various projects. The practical skills of entrepreneurship, business organisation and management are developed through the Business Simulation Practice using a business simulation game. During the study process individual subject topics are delivered by social partners from advanced business companies and by teachers who have come from foreign higher education institutions.
Further possible career paths
Access to professional activity
|Innovative, capable of communicating in several foreign languages graduates of the study programme will be able to manage an international business, create their own business and organize it internationally, work in Lithuanian and international companies, work as logistics, sales managers, project managers and heads of functional branches.|
Access to further study
|Studies can be continued at universities following business and public management study field programmes.|
Study programme information
|Mode and duration||Full-time – 3 years, Part-time – 4 years|
|Study Programme national code||6531LX082|
|Scope of the study||180 credits (ECTS)|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Field of education||Business and Public Administration|
|Group of study fields||Social Sciences|
|Study field||Business Studies|
|Qualification degree and (or) qualification to be awarded||Professional Bachelor of Business Management|
|Chairman of the Study Programme Committee||The Head of Business and Accounting Department lecturer Erika Jonuškienė, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. (+370 41) 52 50 51.|
Objectives of a study programme and intended learning outcomes
Objective of a study programme – to train qualified international business specialists, capable to analyze business environment and processes, to create and manage a business, to implement international business projects, to communicate and negotiate in Lithuanian and foreign languages by focusing on the changing international business environment, consumer needs and company’s goals by applying the latest scientific knowledge and socially responsible business principles in national and international markets.
|Knowledge and its application||
- Knows and understands classical and modern theories of social, humanitarian, other sciences, their principles and methods and is capable to apply all this for business creation, management and development in national and international markets.
- Has knowledge which helps to identify businesses and their environment as a specific socio-economic phenomenon, based on classical and contemporary management and economic theories, business management methods and tools, and is capable to apply them for making business decisions.
- Is able to carry out applied researches that allow to evaluate processes and phenomena in business and its environment, applies analytical methods, formulates reasoned conclusions and solves concrete international business problems.
- Collects, compiles and systematizes information from various sources, manages business data streams using modern information technologies.
- Is capable to set up a company, plan, organize, manage, control and analyze business processes in a changing global business environment while seeking performance efficiency and quality.
- Is capable to plan, manage and analyze financial, intangible and tangible international business resources.
- Is able to organize international business logistic and sales processes and select innovative marketing tools.
- Is able to forecast business trends, develop business projects, manage and implement them, make suggestions for improvement of international business activity and innovation implementation.
- Communicates and cooperates with specialists and other individuals, discusses and is able to negotiate in multi-cultural space in Lithuanian and foreign languages.
- Works in a team while taking responsibility for his/her own and subordinate employees activity results and quality, follows principles of social justice, professional ethics and citizenship in professional activities as well as fosters ethnocultural and intercultural relations
- Develops knowledge and skills independently, innovatively and creatively which are needed for continuous professional development as well as understands moral responsibility for impact of his/her activities results on society, economic and cultural development as well as for well-being and the environment.
Study subjects (modules) and practical training
Full-time study subjects and practices are presented here. Part-time studies last 4 years, the sequence of subjects may vary.